Plan for Change: HHS Curriculum Aims
- We acknowledge the importance of the ‘teacher as expert’- it is important for us as subject-specialists to “know” our disciplines and what progress “looks” like, impart knowledge through explanation and modelling.
- We welcome the notion that we are learners too (and continually learn about our subjects and pedagogy) as we continually seek to improve the quality of education for our students.
- We value wider enrichment and diminish cultural poverty and we acknowledge the importance of vocabulary in this challenge, being deliberate about our teaching of language across all subjects.
- We will carefully design our subject curricula with an eye on challenge, knowledge acquisition, making meaningful connections and the principles of curriculum design.
- We will continually diagnose the needs of our students through ongoing assessment in order to make our curriculum respond to their needs for progress and take into account prior knowledge.