Raising Stars is the school´s system for tracking students´ progress, ensuring their learning stays on target and recognising and rewarding good effort. Below is a summary of the effort grades awarded.
E1 STAR STUDENTS
You always invest in your own learning. You:
- Consistently work to the best of your ability and give 100% effort
- You meet all deadlines set by staff, particularly independent learning
- Meet all the school expectations on learning
- Contribute to a positive learning environment
All students start on an E1 each Raising Stars cycle
E2 GOOD STUDENTS
You almost always invest in your own learning. You:
- Work to the best of your ability most of the time
- Meet most of the deadlines set by staff
- Meet most of the school expectations on learning and try to contribute to a positive learning environment
- Your name has not been on the Consequences board and you have not been sent to the Progress Room
You need to aim for 100% effort in all your work to achieve an E1 next Raising Stars cycle
E3 DEVELOPING STUDENTS
You are positive about learning.
- Your work and effort is positive most of the time. You meet some of the deadlines set by staff
- You meet most of the school expecations on learning but need to aim for consistency
- You still need to try to contribute to a positive learning environment all the time
- Your name may have been on the Consequences board but you have not had repeated visits to the Progress Room
You need to aim for 100% effort in all your work to achieve an E2 or E1 next Raising Stars cycle
E4 STUDENT SHOWING CONCERN
You are beginning to neglect your school work.
- Your work shows inconsistency in terms of effort and you are not meeting some of your targets
- Your effort is below expectaiton and you may have had repeated Progress Room visits
- You are missing deadlines for independent learning
- An E4 shows you are in real danger of not achieving your target grade. Your parents or carers are aware of the situation and staff will have given you advice on how to imrove.
You must gain at least an E3 next Raising Stars cycle
E5 STUDENT SHOWING SERIOUS CONCERN
You are in danger of missing out on your education.
- You have not improved the standard of your learning since your E4 grade last Raising Stars
- You continue to have repeated visits to the Progress Room and may have had learning packages but these have not resulted in an improvement in effort or standard of work
- Your parents or carers are fully informed of the situation and the consequences should no improvement be made by next Raising Stars