More in this section...
Writing a Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Students in any year group can have assistance from Mrs Merson in writing a CV, and can make an appointment at any time. For more careers information visit: UCAS Progress- www.ucas.com/ucas/after-gcses Lots of information on careers as well as details of all the courses and qualifications available to you after Year 11 in North Yorkshire
National Careers Service; https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk For careers advice and information on a wide range of jobs, training courses, resources and funding. icould; http://icould.com/ Career videos and information on a host of careers.
Careers – Sixth Form During your time in the Sixth Form Mrs Merson will work with you and your Shaping My Future tutors to help you prepare for your future career. We will offer you:
- Information, advice and guidance on your Post 18 Options
- Individual career guidance interviews to help you decide what to do after Sixth Form – you can book these directly with Mrs Merson to take place when you have a free period
- A Careers education programme which will cover all the Post 18 Options (Guidance lessons)
- Workshops on how to apply for University
- Advice on how to write an effective personal statement
- Mock university interviews if required
- Assistance with applying for gap year, apprenticeships, college or employment opportunities
- A one week work experience placement
- Opportunity for ongoing work experience
- assistance with your application for Student Finance if required
- Guidance throughout the UCAS process