More in this section...
Enquiries about Exam results
After Results are Published
You may have queries about your results from the summer series units exams.
The procedure to follow;
1. Most importantly talk matters through with a member of the Senior Leadership Team if possible and/or the Curriculum Leader who will be here to help on Results Day. You may be disappointed with the result but this is not the same as having a genuine case to be made to the Board. You need to take advice from school. Any review will need to be based on evidence and supported by factual information.
2. If the advice is to apply for a Review, email Mr Ian Wilson on Iwilson@harrogatehighschool.co.uk from the exams Team to obtain and complete the appropriate form. These forms will be available following results days in August. There is a charge made by the Boards for a Review and you may have to meet this charge. In a review your mark and thus your grade could go down..
In the light of confusing media coverage, I have also attached links to three documents from Ofqual, who oversee the examinations and awarding processes across England so you have piece of mind and clarity. The first is a Student Guide to the awarding, standardisation and appeals processes. The second is a Student guide to appeals and malpractice or maladministration complaints. The third is a link to a letter for parents/carers providing a summary of this summer’s awarding process and some links to further information:
1. Student Guide to the awarding, standardisation and appeals processes.
2. Student guide to appeals and malpractice or maladministration complaints.
3. Letter for parents/carers providing a summary of this summer’s awarding process.
Due to the unusual nature of this year’s exams, Ofqual has decided it would not be in the interests of students or the fairness of the arrangements overall to facilitate an appeals process in the traditional sense. But if you have concerns please speak to a member of the staff on results day, a simple conversation may allay any concerns.
However, if you have concerns about bias, discrimination or any other factor that suggests that the school did not behave with care or integrity when determining the centre assessment grade you should raise these concerns with the school, in the first instance; or take your concerns to the relevant exam board. These concerns must be evidence based and have clear grounds, disagreement or dissatisfaction with the awarded grade alone are insufficient grounds as stated in the guidance from Ofqual. They should be made in writing to Mr Ian Wilson, Exams Manager at the email address stated above, who will start the review process.
Ofqual has confirmed that students will have the opportunity to sit all of the exams that they were entered for in October, or Summer 2021, if they wish. For further information, please contact the Mr I Wilson, Exams Manager on Iwilson@harrogatehighschool.co.uk