More in this section...
Each academy in Northern Star Academies Trust has a local governing body which works on behalf of the Directors to exercise leadership in the running of the individual academy and holds the Head of Academy and staff to account. It is responsible for promoting high standards and strives to ensure that young people are attending a successful academy which provides them with a good education and supports their well-being.
The functions of Harrogate High School´s Local Governing Body are:
- helping the Head of Academy and senior leadership team to set high standards by planning for the school´s future and setting performance targets for the school;
- monitoring the effectiveness of the school provision;
- monitoring financial performance against budget and the management of risks against the school´s risk register;
- ensuring funds are spent appropriately and to the best benefit of students, especially disadvantaged students;
- acting as a critical friend to the Head of Academy and senior leadership team, offering support and advice;
- helping the school respond to the needs of parents and the community;
- helping make the school be open and accountable to the public for what it does;
- working with the school on planning and developing policies and keeping the school provision under review; and
- exercising the responsibilities and powers delegated to it by the Directors in partnership with the Head of Academy and staff.
Harrogate High School currently has an Intervention Board in place, appointed by the NSAT Board of Trustees and replacing the LGB, from 1st September 2019.
Information about the Intervention Board will be communicated to all key stakeholders at the start of the next academic year (2019-2020).
In the interim period please contact the PA to the CEO Mrs S Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org ) should you have any urgent matters.
To contact any of the Local Governing Body, please contact the PA to the CEO Mrs S Evans (email@example.com).
NSAT Structure and Governance