Learning Resource Centre
The Learning Resource Centre offers a modern and spacious environment to enable students to research and study.
There are 64 computer work stations as well as study areas. We are open throughout the school day as well as before school, at break-time and after school, allowing students to complete their Independent Learning using the various resources available.
Jane Benham - Learning Resource Centre Manager
"Students learned quickly and understood the relevance of what they were being taught" Ofsted
We also offer the following:
- 6000 fiction books ranging from the classics to graphic novels
- 4000 non-fiction books, which fully support the curriculum
- Independent Learning study
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Author Visits
- Student Librarian Scheme
- Accelerated Reader Program
- Times Spelling Bee Competition
- Friendly staff to help you
- Battle of the Books Competition
- Games and Lego Club
Recommended reading lists are available from the Learning Resource Centre if required, but the best way to choose a book is to come in and browse!