More in this section...
The final tenant of our curriculum offer is the HHS Enhanced Curriculum. Our wide-ranging enrichment and extra-curricular programme allows our pupils to develop their passions and interests, as well as gain confidence and self-belief.
Regular educational visits make the most of venues that build character and cultural capital, such as libraries, theatres, universities, and outdoor education centres. There are opportunities to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme and the National Citizenship Service. Pupils have access to events such as: Debating competitions, STEM conferences, Maths challenges and Sports days. Pupils can also participate in our annual shows, music concerts, the school musical ensembles, or take up instrumental/vocal studies.
Our CARES Community Days, occurring twice annually, forge our school community and provide students and staff with opportunities to work together exploring our core values.
Various facets of the enhanced ‘Personal Development’ curriculum:
- After-school clubs
- Assemblies & Tutor Time Programme (the CARES Character Curriculum)
- CARES Community Days
- PSHCE Education
- Educational Visits
- Aspiration programmes (SHINE, Brilliant Club Scholars’ Programme)
- Student Leadership Development, including our Student Leadership Team and Form Representatives
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- Peripatetic music tuition