More in this section...
Each academy in Northern Star Academies Trust has a local governing body which works on behalf of the Trustees to exercise leadership in the running of the individual academy and holds the Head of Academy and staff to account. It is responsible for promoting high standards and strives to ensure that young people are attending a successful academy which provides them with a good education and supports their well-being.
The functions of Harrogate High School´s Local Governing Body are:
- helping the Head of Academy and senior leadership team to set high standards by planning for the school´s future and setting performance targets for the school;
- monitoring the effectiveness of the school provision;
- monitoring financial performance against budget and the management of risks against the school´s risk register;
- ensuring funds are spent appropriately and to the best benefit of students, especially disadvantaged students;
- acting as a critical friend to the Head of Academy and senior leadership team, offering support and advice;
- helping the school respond to the needs of parents and the community;
- helping make the school be open and accountable to the public for what it does;
- working with the school on planning and developing policies and keeping the school provision under review; and
- exercising the responsibilities and powers delegated to it by the Trustees in partnership with the Head of Academy and staff.
Local Governing Body
|Bev Ashby||Chair, Community Governor|
|Richard Walker||Community Governor|
|Charlotte Clarke||Academy Head|
|Patrick Toulson||Community Governor|
|Adrian Smith||Community Governor|
|Amber Southern||Staff Governor|
|Charley Thrush||Staff Governor|
To review governor attendance and declarations of interest, please follow this link.
Previous Governors in the last 12 months
|Sue Mansfield||Independent Chair|
|Jenn Plews||Chief Executive Officer|
|John Barker||Chief Financial Officer|
|Bev Ashby||NSAT Trustee|
|Ann Wheatcroft||NSAT School Improvement Director Primary|
|Richard Walker||IB Member|
|Mrs Charlotte Clarke||Headteacher|